If you’re ready to get on a little bit of a vacation, then camping is a great choice! If you’ve never thought of going camping, then this could be your shot to get out into the great outdoors and enjoy what nature has to offer. However, camping isn’t something that you can just get up and go do. It’s something that takes time and lots of planning to ensure you have a great camping experience and you plan for every eventuality that could come along.
That’s why we’re here to help with this handy guide of the simple steps you should be taking when you want to plan a camping trip. Keep reading down below to learn about these four steps and get to planning!
1. Determine What’s the Most Important About Your Camping Trip
First of all, you’ve got to decide what you actually want out of this camping experience. What you decide here is going to determine what other planning needs to be done in order to make this dream a reality.
Firstly, you should figure out what types of activities you want to get into. Do you want to go on some intense hikes? Or maybe you want to white water rafting? Maybe you want some educational activities for your kids? This will all determine what kind of campsite you choose and where you actually want to go camping. Secondly, think about whether or not you want to camp in an RV or a tent, which will have a huge impact on what kind of campsite you look for. Lastly, be sure to determine whether you want to go on a group camping trip or go solo. This will determine whether or not you get a large tent for many people or a smaller tent for just you.
2. Reserve Your Campsite
Now that you’ve decided on all of that, it’s time to reserve your perfect campsite. To find that site, start off by asking your friends and family about some recommendations. Chances are someone has been camping before and knows some good sites. You can also just do a simple Google search for campgrounds in your area and check the reviews on these. Once you’ve found some good sites, call them for more details on what they offer and pricing. You could even see if the campsite comes along with a table saw from The Sharp Cut that could help you in building shelter if necessary.
3. Plan Out Your Menu
When it comes to camping, the thing you’re probably thinking about the most is how you’re going to handle meals when outside. However, there are some simple steps to take that will help you prepare a great menu for your camping trip:
- Prep: A great way to save time and energy is to prep the food beforehand. You can easily slice fruits and veggies to store in plastic bags for when you want to have a sandwich. You can even marinate some meats in plastic bags for some nice dinners while camping.
- Food Storage: Make sure you come prepared for those foods on your menu that require cold environments to stay good. Bring an ice-cold cooler and ensure your campsite has some ice available.
- Cooking Tools: Lastly, you’ve got to ensure that you bring along the right cooking tools to create your fantastic meals. Bring along pots, pans, knives, and eating utensils.
4. Pack Up Your Gear
And lastly, we come to the packing portion of this guide. Make sure to bring along the following necessities if you want to be really prepared out there:
- Shelter: Make sure that you bring along a high-quality tent that will fit everyone on your camping trip.
- Sleeping: When sleeping outside, you want to ensure you have along the right sleeping materials. From sleeping bags to blow-up mattresses, you want to be comfortable out there, right?
- Miscellaneous Items: Everything from toothbrushes, trash bags, and paper towels should be brought along in your gear. If you’re wondering whether or not you’ll need something, it’s best to bring it along just in case! You never know.
And there you have it! Hopefully, this guide has helped you some in preparing for your next camping trip. Good luck out there and be safe!